Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Costume

Here is the costume I chose to wear to my sister's house for Thanksgiving. I always have to dress up around my family to live up to my name as "Auntie Gaga." It is better than what they called me when I had a short bowl cut 2 years ago "Uncle Phia," ok, so maybe I gave myself that name but they loved it. I finally got to wear this dress I thrifted during the summer. I was a "wise Latina" this summer, thrifting for all seasons. It has given me the upper hand on my self diagnosed seasonal depression as I get to wear all the awesome sweaters, coats, and other warm attire I've acquired. I don't get as upset that it's cold. I know I know, I'm boo hoo-ing over here over my cold California winter. On with the show.



They called me Cleopatra. I've heard worse.


It's a dress, I just wore tights and boots.



I loved the back of this dress.

So I gots to keep it real with you, the dress was part wool and acrylic so it did make me itchy scratchy in some places, but for $1.98 I can't really complain right? I was glad to get this number off the rack and into the world again. Viva la thrifting,

LaSophia





18 comments:

  1. $1.98? No freaking way! That dress is awesome and totally fab on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Pero qué bien te queda el dorado!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY CANT I FIND THINGS LIKE YOU DO WHEN I THRIFT grrrr
    you look hot mamacita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Thanksgiving vestido dorado.
    anything gold, I used to have a gold black and gold dress with chains on the back like Versace wannabe. I let one of my cousins borrow it and they never returned. me encanta tu pelo en este estilo. nope, you cant complain with $1.98.thats a steal.
    Auntie gaga,lol why uncle Phia?
    Hope your keep well hermania.
    Besotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh thats pretty! I like it and the gold really lit up your face :)
    Karlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you are even more beautiful than cleopatra, what an amazing dress my dear, i especially love the back! and your hair looks so darling too! estas que te sales nena;)
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. $1.98? The sequins woulda cost more than that Ms Gaga! Great 'costume'!

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is BEAUTIFUL! You look bien guapa in it (pero quapisima!).

    I always mean to tell you that you have the best eyebrows, but I don't exactly know how to say it without sounding like a weirdo. Oh well :)

    Hope you're having a good Lunes!

    xoxo

    Azu

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look ga ga gorgeous.Love the gold sprakle on your dress.We are having some cold spurts in the south but then it goes back warm again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo worth it for the price you got it for! It looks great on you :) Aw, I wish we had cool trift shops here too.

    heynichole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. how lovely! the sequins details are so awesome...

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorguz, Cleopatra indeed! ;) And I love how you've done your hair! Can't believe how much that dress was, awesome!

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this outfit u no i like ur outs! hope all is well with ya! xx im back
    http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous dress!! wowww and so cheap.. viva la thrifting indeed..
    also, I really wanna see a picture with your bowl cut! I bet it looked super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful dress!! I love it. I can't believe you found it for so inexpensive. I thrifted recently and the dresses were all $7.99. GROSS! Since when, right? Goodwill needs to calm down with their prices and you need to tell me where you're shopping! lol. Btw I wear size 7 but many of the shoes I'm selling on ebay are both 7 and 7.5 because I used to be 7.5.. I guess my feet shrunk. Stay tuned for more ebay goodies! :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the back of the top as well! :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Much Love!