Saturday, April 9, 2011

Immobilized

One week ago I was happy as a lamb, spring was finally setting in and I could finally feel the sunshine on my skin. After some debilitating injuries, I was ready to jump back on that treadmill or elliptical, saddle up, there's a new sheriff in town. And then, this happened to me.


I woke up with the stiffest, most crooked neck. It only got worse as the day went on and when my mom tried to rub icy hot on it, I was moved to tears as if I had just seen Kourtney Kardashian pull baby Mason  from her birth canal. My mom called my chiropractor and of course he had no time for silly ole me, but he sent me a referral to Dr. Dame. Dr. Dame? I thought. Why on earth would I go see a hunchback chiropractor? There was no other option, I knew I must take the risk. With my baby daddy by my side, we drove to the chiro. 

"You must be Sophia," the receptionist greeted me. She said she had never seen anything like it. 

I explained how I had just woken up like and how I couldn't even drive there.
"I hope not," the Dr. said. 

Dr. Dame did his best to crack me back into place. The Marc Anthony I had to listen to during my treatment was worse than the treatment itself. He showed my boyfriend how to properly wrap my neck and told us that snuggling was to be done before sleep. Im back on my feet now, driving, sleeping, and doing all the things I used to do. This is one reason for my blogging hiatus. I don't feel compelled to address why I dont blog as much when my blogging slows down like other bloggers do. Fact of the matter is, this is real life, blogging is not. Shit goes down. I still am not sure who actually reads my blog anyway. So if you're still out there, friends and fashionistas, thanks for sticking around. Much love and good health to you. Ride or Die.

LaSophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Much Love!