Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Dog Ate My Blog

Happy Halloween from our Frankenfam

Reasons I havent posted:

  1. A dog ate my blog
  2. Im checking my sources, but it might be against my religion
  3. No one is paying me to do this and as you know, Im all about the benjamins, baby.
  4. I've been tied up working on my novel
  5. So many episodes of Ancient Aliens, so little time
  6. The feds are after me
  7. I have no clothes
  8. Watering plants takes priority
  9. I have a newborn at home
  10. My computer has a green monkey virus 
That list was full of half-truths. I'll leave it at that. Anywho, here are our some pics from Halloween. We had way too much fun making our costumes. I stayed up till 4:30am sewing mine. I made it out of some curtain fabric stuff I got at a thrift store for $2. I have been taking private sewing lessons in my home from a lady I found on Craigslist. She hasn't killed me yet so it is going well. It's a lot of fun and I am filled with passion cause I have wanted to sew my entire life. Sochi's costume was a collaborative effort between her dad and I. (Much like her conception except I tried to take all the credit for this one.)  Nacho made her flatforms by buying a pair of baby shoes, inking them black, then layering and gluing foam to the bottom. I made her bolt collar with rolled up felt. He decorated her shirt to say "Frank N Baby" and I tried to sew a collar onto some black cape thing my mom bought at the dollar store. Don't even ask me how I did it cause I still dont know. We took "him" trick or treating. Of course, everyone thought she was a boy. Our costumes were inspired by her hair.


Gotta get back to eating her Halloween candy now, uh I mean working off my baby weight.

California love,

Frankenfam


15 comments:

  1. Hee hee you guys are so cool! Your costumes are the best I've seen!!!So brilliant. You have got to enter into a comp for cute halloween families. Sochi's hair= adorable!!!!!!! I'm dying of cuteness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is brilliant! Good job on the sewing and the collab baby - Nacho's home made baby brothel creepers are inspired! I'm a bad mummy and forgot to buy a pumpkin in time, had to improvise and carve oranges instead!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOOOOO WAYYYYY!!!! So I haven't checked on you in a couple months (ok, maybe it's been longer) and you go have a BABY!!!!!!

    Congrats girl, now I can officially call you MAMA!!!! I love calling my mama friends MAMA....

    You and your fam bam look so cute. I love it!!!!

    Hmmmm, Let's see if I can find the post where you said you were aving a baby. Just count back 9 months right??

    Love ya girl, and I'm soooo HAPPY for you.

    Mommyhood looks wonderful on you!

    Hugs, Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah you all look AWESOME girl! And your little un looks too adorable in her fab little outfit! Hope you're all keeping well hun

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Hermelinda LInda ate my blog tambien!
    You guys look chingones! Love little Sochis Frankie costume,ahahaha her hair is an inspiration. Asi lo tenia my lil sis cuando nacio.whete did you guys go trick or treating?
    Me enamore de tu Mexi Bride of Frankenstein vestido.
    Besotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. sochi's hair is da bomb.com!!! que chido that her hair inspired a family costume theme!! and it's sooooo cool that you are taking private sewing lesson :) i took sewing in grade8 and 9, but was so bad i quit and took cooking instead the followin years. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your costumes! You all look amazing. What a cute familia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually believed you when you said you were writing a novel. I got all excited and shit. LOL!

    And OMG...Sochi looks amazing! She's so freakin cute. I like that you guys dressed up. I didn't...just stayed home and read or something.

    Just to let you know, this counts as an outfit post! I love that you made the costumes. "I have been taking private sewing lessons in my home from a lady I found on Craigslist. She hasn't killed me yet so it is going well." LMFAO!!! I'm glad she's legit.

    Can't wait to see your next post. :) I hope you and the fam had a good weekend!

    xoxo Azu

    ReplyDelete
  9. your frakenfam is just adorbs!
    I have missed your blog banter but I completely understand that watching ancient aliens and plant watering can be time consuming...not to mention that little bundle of joy!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHhh, you made flatforms for the little one! obsessed. The family that plays together, stays together, keep up the halloween traditions.

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    p.s come back and enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your costumes! I love the way your little lady has frankenstiches too, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you always know how to make me laugh =) i cant wait to see you put your sewing skills to use! the dress you made looks pretty darn cute! and your family is so beautiful <3 i miss you girly! hope that you are well <3 email me!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys look great! Like Sochi's franken foams!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy qué cosa más bonita de bebita, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Guapos los tres, Sophia.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Much Love!